Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

NDOP






In a little over an hour, it will be national day of prayer...
the theme being from Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him."


At wednesday service today a deacon brought up the passage of 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
He brought up some issues that occupy our nation, gay rights, abortion, wall st corruption, pollution, and on and on... then he poignantly pointed out that this passage doesnt call for people involved in these issues to repent... this passage calls out to each and everyone of us as God's people to repent, humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways and He will deliver our nation, our land. If I seek God in prayer and cry out to Him, He will forgive my sins and heal this land. It kind of makes me wonder if ghandi took the idea from this passage when he said "be the change you want to see in the world"


so who will kneel with me and praise God and repent of our sins?

No comments:

Post a Comment